Why use a remote pharmacist?
August 10, 2021Uncategorized
There can be many reasons a remote or virtual pharmacist could support your practice. Here are a few examples:
- Increase your current pharmacist or practice capacity – remote support can be an effective way of dealing with the clinical administration workload such as hospital discharges or letters. Freeing up your inhouse team to provide further face to face sessions.
- Remote pharmacist could be used short-term to boost capacity to tackle a specific projects or issues. For example a back-log of medicines reviews, ongoing medication queries, and prescription reauthorisation, as well as DES or PCN quality projects.
- Practice or PCN specific projects e.g local medicines optimisation scheme, to delivery of audits such as antibiotic stewardship, valproate and pregnancy or NSAID safety as well as supporting any DES criteria.
- When recruiting quality candidates is difficult and/or too time consuming.
- Where remote or large rural areas cause recruitment and deployment issues. Working remotely can enable access to multiple practices without the physical barriers.
- Virtual Pharmacist can support your practice with high-quality clinical pharmacists with previous experience of working in general practice. All of our pharmacists are supported by the Senior pharmacist team and this goes hand in hand with their training and progress portal.
Would you like to see how Virtual Pharmacist can support your practice? Then contact us on 01138715065